I found out today that Jack is engaged to be married in December. This didn't come as a shock...I had been preparing for it for some time. This past weekend I was really down, even though I had had a wonderful week. I couldn't get Jack out of my head or my heart. Now I know why.
General Conference was just what I needed. There were so many talks on surviving, and thriving, through adversity. I wish I could say that I relish this trial I have been in the midst of these past 10 months. To be honest, there were times in my former marriage that I relished the thought of divorce. I would think :"Nothing could be worse than you feel right now". Oh how wrong I was. I was so naive to the feelings divorce brings. It racks every part of your soul, that is if you have a heart.
So now I have to figure out how to move on when I have been fighting it for so long. How do you move on from someone you covenanted with to love forever? How do you have a change of heart for someone you have served, sometimes imperfectly, for over 28 years?
I do know some things though.
1. Loving Jack and marrying him gave me three of the best people I have had the pleasure to know. I was gifted to be their mother. That has not changed.
2. I have had the best sister in law ever. Sharon is a lady I admire more than anything. I am so blessed to have been able to call her family for so long.
3. I do want Jack to be happy. If Rebecca can do that, then that is what I want. Maybe if I say the last part enough I might be able to convince myself.
I wish the new couple all the joy that Jack couldn't find with us.
I will concentrate on the life that God, my Father, has blessed me with. Because of the changes that have been forced upon me this year, I may just come out a better person.
Only time will tell. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment